Though some people point to the 1970s as a time when culture was at a low-point, they are usually way off the mark. There are so many pop-culture icons that emerged during this period, and that is why 1970s costumes are so popular for Halloween. Consider the 70s costumes related to television shows and movies. You can find a 1970s costume related to politics as well - just think of the Nixon and Carter masks! If you're ready to step back in time, you'll find the perfect costumes here.
Just picture that when you're at the dentist, you pause for a split second, and suddenly conceal yourself behind a hydranger bush and pop up showing off your brand new costume. Being dressed in the right costume at least one day per year may change your life permanently. Changing into another person isn't any effortless activity, however with a 70s Disco Devil Diva outfit, your switch is as simple as one, two, three. Going in a gaggle for your next celebration warrants a style. Wouldn't it be terrific for you to walk downtown all dressed in Disco halloween collections! What do you wish for in a costume? Do you desire to toss your taboos out the window and get on your psychedelic bus? Give yourself an interesting costume from our huge Disco selection. Don't fail to remember to make your costume become a lot more exciting with an Inflatable Guitar, a Disco Dirt Bag Wig and Moustache, and some Gold Glitter Jane Shoes.
Did You Know?
- Hippies: During January 1967, the Human Be-In in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco popularized hippie culture, which causes the famous Summer of Love in the West Coastline of the US
- DIY Costume Idea: Blue Jean And Tea Shirt - One person is Blue Jean: all blue clothes with a name tag that says "Jean." The other person is Tea Shirt: white shirt with tea bags attached all over.
- DIY Costume Idea: Beauty Queen - dress in a long gown, rhinestone crown, lengthy gloves and high heel shoes. Make a banner which says "Miss America" (or whichever country/city/etc. You want). Hold a bouquet of flowers.
- Halloween Trivia: As commercialization developed in the early twentieth century, civic groups such as high schools and rotary nightclubs started taking over a lot of the native traditions of Halloween and commercialized it as a costume shindig for everyone. As cases of mischief increased, especially through the Depression, many Halloween tricksters were being “bought off” using junk food.
- Halloween Tips: In case your pals and loved ones first exhibit abnormal activities including shining eyes, desire for blood and more significant hairiness, slay them.
- DIY Costume Idea: Bob for Apples - sport a "My name is" tag that say's "Bob." Or you can dress just like a widley known Bob, such as Bob the Builder, Spongebob, Bob's Big Boy, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, etcetera. Bring campaign signs and sport campaign buttons that say "Vote for Apples," "Apples #1", or "Go Apples!" Optional: bring a basket of plastic apples.
- DIY Costume Idea: Card Dealer - Get a thick piece of cardboard and slice it so it fits about your waist. Affix suspenders and hang it from your shoulders. Cover it with green felt, and attach playing cards, poker chips and imitation money on it. Dress similar to a card dealer.
- DIY Costume Idea: Bumblebee - show off jet black pants together with a long-sleeve black colored shirt. Make a vest out of yellow-colored and dark-colored striped cloth (or get yellow-colored cloth with stripes made out of jet black electrical tape). Fashion antennae out of pipe cleaners or felt-covered wire. Make wings out of wire and black fabric.
You'll be the topic of conversation with one of these fantabulous outfits. With a little something for everyone, our web page is one-stop shopping at its very best. Snap up your outfit this moment when they're still in stock!