Marilyn Monroe Costume
When someone says the name of Marilyn Monroe, what do you see in your mind? Most people think of the famous subway scene from the "Seven Year Itch" and this is why most Marilyn Monroe costumes include a version of the scandalous white dress and platinum wig the actress wore in the scene. A Marilyn Monroe costume might also feature costumes from other films or her notorious "Happy Birthday" dress too! Don't forget blonde wig and trademark mole too!
Life is an experience so why not enjoy everything life can offer and hop into a new existence one day a month? Wearing the perfect outfit a single night a month may change your life permanently. Are you channeling Marilyn Monroe for your next halloween shindig? Are you looking for a bit of adventure? With a Marilyn Monroe costume assortment you'll have all the excitement you could desire this October. Is it time to go by a new name? Choose from a Dorothy Lipstick, to a Sexy Scarlet Makeup Kit, to some Fix-It Tape Strips....your possibilites are virtually unlimited. Our site has tons of add-ons, from some White Pump Shoes to a Marilyn Monroe Wig, to help you polish your true to life look.
Did You Know?
- Marilyn Monroe: You will find there's phony rumor that she possessed 6 toes on her feet, but infant photographs clearly show otherwise, and those that knew her very well claim that she was fabulous in all her measurements and proportions.
- Marilyn Monroe: Together with her breathy tone of voice and shapely figure, Monroe started to be a much-admired worldwide star.
- Mask History: In modern day western theatre the mask is usually utilized together with puppets to create a theater that is basically visual rather than verbal, and quite a few of its disciples are visual artists.
- DIY Costume Idea: Painter - have on a flannel shirt, white overalls, and a white painter's cap. Spatter different colors of paint over yourself. Carry a paint-splashed paint bucket and brush.
- DIY Costume Idea: Bag of Groceries - slip on a large cardboard box around your torso. Cover the box with cut-up brown paper grocery bags. Attach empty food containers around the inside edge. For a small child, you can use a real grocery bag, and cut holes for the legs and arms.
- DIY Costume Idea: Facebook/Twitter Status - Stick a piece of card-board to your shirt that says 'at the halloween costume celebration' (or wherever you are) with the time and date beneath it.
- DIY Costume Idea: Amish Couple - The man shaves his beard to look Amish or wears a fake one, and has on jet black pants, whitened shirt, and suspenders. The woman puts on a plain dress, apron and bonet.
- Halloween Trivia: Through the 50's Halloween began to target the youthful because of the baby boom of that time period. Trick-or-treating was a relatively inexpensive means for a whole family to join in the Halloween gathering.
- DIY Costume Idea: Borat - sport darkish, solid curly hair and a good sized black mustache. Show off a one-size too big gray suit along with a grey shirt and grey tie. Bring a brown leather satchel, and a copy of Baywatch on VHS. Or, if you are genuinely brave, dress in a bright green mankini!
- DIY Costume Idea: Dead Schoolgirl - sport an unwanted school uniform. Put on vampire teeth and turn to make-up to make your body look dead.
- DIY Costume Idea: Carver and His/Her Victim from "Nip/Tuck" - The Carver wears black items and a blank light face mask. The Victim has two bloody gashes on his or her cheeks.
- DIY Costume Idea: Cupcake - To make the bottom of the cupcake, find some corrugated cardboard (the kind with the ridges). Slash a piece and form it into a circle, sufficiently big to fit around your hips. Color it the color of your choice and fasten it to some straps so it can hang over your shoulders. For the frosting, create a giant poof of rose chiffon material. Attach it around your upper chest area. Sprinkle some glitter on jacket or make phony sprinkles out of felt. Optional: make a cherry hat but turning a reddish clear plastic bowl upside down and including a fake stem.
- DIY Costume Idea: Angry Mob - One of you dresses up as Frankenstein's monster. Everybody else dresses as villagers with ragged garments and rope belts, carrying pitchforks and torches. Torches could be created from a little bit of lumber with different colored crafts card board glued to the tank-top.
- DIY Costume Idea: Eve - wear flesh-colored undergarments together with a flesh-colored bra. Attach some strategically-placed phony foliage. Carry an apple.
- DIY Costume Idea: Cat Burglar - Dress all in jet black, with a tool belt, bag, and so forth. Bring a bag with stuffed cats peeking out. Or, tape record cats meowing and carry the tape recorder in the bag.
Do not be limited to simply one theme that peaks your interest. Have full freedom to decide exactly who or what you wish to be. Oh, and this month's showcased ensembles are: a Marilyn Monroe Niagara Red Dress costume
and a Marilyn Monroe Ballerina ensemble
. Snap up your halloween costume this moment when they're still in store!