Scarecrow costumes are a fall favorite and a staple of every Halloween party. When you wear one of our scarecrow costumes, you'll stand out in the field of less attractive costumes. Just because your head's stuffed with straw doesn't mean that you're a dummy. You recognize a good deal when you see one. Your scarecrow costume is perfect by itself, and even better if you can find some friends to go as the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion.
Wishes and dreams are not meant to stick around in our minds; they are meant for action. How would you like to have a dream become a reality for a day? You need time for you- even at least one evening a year- when nobody has to find out exactly who you are, and getting into the perfect outfit offers you a chance to showcase the person you hardly ever get to be. It is definitely worth the time and effort to look for the perfect Halloween halloween costume. With a Scout the Scarecrow ensemble, you're sure to turn heads. With a Mega Scarecrow costume, you can be anything you have ever imagined while showing off this extravagant halloween outfit. Tired of sitting around the home being bored? Why not be swept up by a storm, cross the Fighting Trees forest, and totally rock the party? Choose from a Parade Wizard costume, to a Pumpkin Flashlight, to a Tinman ensemble....your opportunities are almost infinite. Don't fail to remember to make your outfit become all the more realistic with some Makeup Kit Family Faces, a Scarecrow Straw Accessory Kit, and some Control Top Pantyhose.
Did You Know?
- Wizard of Oz: Baum acknowledged the influence of the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen, which he was deliberately revising in his "American fairy tales" to include the wonder without the horrors.
- Wizard of Oz: The Wizard of Oz film was named the most-watched motion picture in history by the Library of Congress, is often ranked among the Top 10 Best Movies of All Time in various critics' and popular polls, and is the source of many memorable quotes referenced in modern popular culture.
- DIY Costume Idea: Farmer in the Dell - dress in overalls, a plaid shirt, and a straw hat. Find an empty Dell computer box (or make your own by using paint), cut out the top and bottom, and hang from your shoulders using straps.
- Halloween Trivia: Women who carry a lantern to a lake on Halloween night are said to be able to see their soul mate.
- Halloween Trivia: Trick-or-treating resembles the late medieval practice of souling, when poor folk would go door to door on Hallowmas (November 1), receiving food in return for prayers for the dead on All Souls' Day (November 2). It originated in Ireland and Britain, although similar practices for the souls of the dead were found as far south as Italy.
- DIY Costume Idea: MySpace Page - Take a large piece of posterboard and create a MySpace page, with pictures, comments, etc. Cut a hole for your face. Carry around a small music player.
- DIY Costume Idea: Filthy Laundry - Slash out the bottom of a plastic laundry basket, step into it, and try suspenders to hang it over your shoulders. Fill with grimey items. Add some undergarments on your head for laughs.
- DIY Costume Idea: Anthrax Investigator - slip on a gas disguise, a lengthy yellow overcoat, and whitened gloves.
- Halloween Trivia: In England, people young and old thought the devil was a almonds gatherer. On Halloween they'd dress in walnuts as magical charms.
- DIY Costume Idea: Butterfinger - Try cosmetics to color your finger light yellow.
- DIY Costume Idea: Bill Gates - put on a short nerdy haircut with your hair flopped across your forehead. Add on some small glasses. Dress yourself in a business suit, or a dress shirt, tie and V-necked sweater. Carry a Microsoft computer, Zune, box of Windows software, etc. Optional: have pretend money overflowing from your pockets.
- DIY Costume Idea: Bigfoot / Sasquatch - Turn to fur from a couple of outdated coats and stick it to an ancient pair of jeans along with a hooded sweatshirt. Add craft foliage and twigs, and smear your mouth and hands with brown/black makeup.
- DIY Costume Idea: Dr. Gregory House - slip on tennis shoes, corduroys, a rock t shirt (add on a blazer if you wish), plus a 5 o'clock shadow. Go walking including a cane plus a limp and hold A bunch of pill bottles and be authenticly crabby and rude!
You'll be the bees knees with one of these excellent halloween costumes. With something for everyone, our halloween store is one-stop shopping at its greatest. Now that I think about it.....I think I might just grab one of these for myself!